How To Remove Stains From Wood Furniture : Tango Furniture Direct
How To Remove Stains From Wood Furniture
- (How To’s) Multi-Speed Animations
- Practical advice on a particular subject; that gives advice or instruction on a particular topic
- Providing detailed and practical advice
- A how-to or a how to is an informal, often short, description of how to accomplish some specific task. A how-to is usually meant to help non-experts, may leave out details that are only important to experts, and may also be greatly simplified from an overall discussion of the topic.
- (stain) (microscopy) a dye or other coloring material that is used in microscopy to make structures visible
- (stain) a soiled or discolored appearance; "the wine left a dark stain"
- A colored patch or dirty mark that is difficult to remove
- A thing that damages or brings disgrace to someone or something's reputation
- A patch of brighter or deeper color that suffuses something
- (stain) color with a liquid dye or tint; "Stain this table a beautiful walnut color"; "people knew how to stain glass a beautiful blue in the middle ages"
The House that GV Naidu Built
La Mercy, Durban, South Africa
This is the house that GV Naidu built, that’s how the now dilapidated old family house just a few kilometres north of the Umdloti River has been fondly branded by locals over the past 84 years.
The property has been in the Naidu family for over 100 years. The house was built by Gurusa
my Veerasamy Naidu in 1926. The house served as a beach cottage for weekends and family getaways.
Across the M4, which was built in the1960s, lay the original garden gate and pump for water and a power generator. The driveway was lined with casuarina trees, from which the surrounding beach derived its name.
Initially, it was built as a single storey house with a huge roof garden. In the 1960s the top floor was added. It had
lead stained-glass windows and doors with pictures of ships, a Victorian-style bathroom and the house was built with teak (wood
Many movies were shot at the property. One of them, shot in the 80s, was called Heart of the Matter.
Mr GV Naidu's son and daughter-in-law lived here with their children during the 1980s. When Mr Naidu Jr. passed away in 1994, his wife moved from the property to live with her children on the Berea. The house was left fully furnished. On arrival a month later, the furniture
and stained glass windows were removed. To date, vandals have stripped the property to its core including the roof.
Today, the house stands forlornly overlooking the ocean. Only the wind moves along the passages through its six bedrooms, two lounges, two kitchens and bathroom.
Extracted from an article that appeared in the Independent on Saturday
One of a Series of Six Photos ~ All Finished ~!
This photo shows how all of the dark stains
of the old pulls have disappeared. Their shadows can be seen clearly in the first few photos. The new brass she ordered was delivered to her new home and applied by her so I never saw it!!!! I've told her I really must have a few shots of the pieces with their new pulls attached!
This is a journey in the life of a tired old dresser, and it's taller mate, along with a pair of nightstands and a mirror and frame to fit this dresser, from the starting point of stripping it all down to bare wood
, and sanding smooth to remove all of the damage that the years of neglect have left upon them. The client wants to use these pieces which she so fondly remembers from her Grandmothers Home, in her newly rebuilt home as Guest Room Furniture, and wants these lovely Maple Solid Wood Pieces to be colored to a Dark Walnut Finish! Not at all an easy task! Stained as dark as they would go, then colored lacquer is added to make it just the right shade of wonderful! Polyurethane 3 coats to top it all off and make it wear better!
See also: presidents day furniture sales pet urine from furniture teak furniture stores contemporary media furniture light colored bedroom furniture bel furniture clearance center used modern furniture for sale knock off modern furniture charity furniture removal furniture repair class
- (火) 06:34:07|
- Category: None